Vita Story Club | New York City
Vita Story Club is a new and growing social enterprise. Our mission is to help older adults strengthen social relationships and contribute to their communities by sharing and preserving life stories. We offer life story workshops at senior centers and senior living facilities, where older adults can bond with their fellow community members over life experiences. We help participants preserve their stories through audio recordings and safeguard their memories on our private, online story platform so that they can continue sharing their life legacy with loved ones. Upon completion of the program, Vita Story Club members know their stories are respected, valued, and remembered.
Vita Story Club seeks a full-time Program Director who will take a lead role in designing, operating, and scaling a high-quality workshop experience for older adults. The Director will run the daily operations of our life story workshops, which includes client acquisition and liaising with senior facilities, as well as managing and training our network of workshop facilitators. He or she will also work directly with our Executive Director on thought leadership, strategic direction, and culture building. We are looking for someone who is highly energetic, entrepreneurial, and willing to work at a grass-roots level as we continue to improve, iterate, and scale our workshops.
- Create an organizational culture and program framework that is client centered and is dedicated to continuous quality improvement.
- Maintain and grow client relationships with senior facilities and other senior care industry experts
- Build a workshop facilitator team that is diverse and supports staff development. This is a strong people management role that includes hiring, running one-on-one check-ins and development meetings to incorporate facilitator feedback on how to improve the workshop experience
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred
- Experience or interest working with and in support of seniors
- 3+ years experience in developing, marketing, and scaling mission-driven services and managing nonprofit business operations
- Strong communication skills especially in a sales and people management setting
- Passion for driving innovation, disrupting the status quo, trying new approaches, and tackling problems from many angles to find creative solutions.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to team (AT) vitastoryclub (DOT) org